July 18, 2010

3rd Trimester.

So it is official I am now 28 weeks along. 3rd trimester.

Everyone says home stretch but honestly it doesn't feel that close yet. We don't really have any baby stuff yet just a few clothes I feel like if it were close well we would be prepared. But then how prepared are you when you are going to have a baby? I am pretty sure all the books in the world can't really convey what that is like.

So new for us...not to much. Our doc said that we are not growing a runt :) I guess that is good? It didn't sound as good when I thought about labor but then when I think about how coordinated I can be it sounded like the bigger probably meant more sturdy. Other than that...I failed my first glucose test so they did a second we await the results hopefully good. I do have a nice bruise from all the blood drawing now but that should go away soon.

I sleep less then ever mostly because comfort is harder and harder. Jason has been sooo nice as to make me a pillow recliner in our bed so I am more comfortable. I have a hip that likes to pop in and out so laying on it hurts and not laying on it makes it pop. So I now have a lovely recliner in bed. I have also learned that videos of birth just scare you. I don't feel more prepared from it just more sure I don't want a mirror. Other than that the class has been good, lots of cool things to learn mostly tid bits and tricks but some have really been helpful. Nothing earth shattering but I think in the end I am glad we did it.

Other than that we are pretty much the same, it is hot here. Very hot but our apartment is a fridge so not to much issue there I have a blanket most of the time. Oh and according to the work ladies I am now nice and round....but I still have a belly button so? Oh yes and since you asked here is a pic. Also a few pics from my baby shower with my cousins...it was wonderful and way fun.


2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about how prepared you are. Honestly, we still have things we need to get, and I know that after the baby is here we'll realize all the other stuff we need lol. BTW- you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, there are only a few things you need to get BEFORE the baby comes. A few outfits (weather appropriate), a pack of diapers, a few blankets and a car seat... oh, and maybe a basinet or crib. Everything else can come after the baby. There are so many gadgets that people say you need, but really they are just extras to make things more crowded, but a little easier. There were a few things I thought I needed right away that you don't need until they are at least a few months old... full-size crib, bouncer, high chair, toys. The one thing I realized was a waste of money completely was the diaper genie. It costs so much for the refills and I usually just put the stinky diapers in a plastic grocery bag and tie it shut. The trash goes out at least once a day because of all the diapers, so there really isn't time for the house to get stinky. I have SO MUCH more I could say, but this is long already.

    ReplyDelete